View Single Post
Unread 12/26/2017, 10:16 AM   #6606
Editour2
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball View Post
Depends, actively cooled or not, how many hours a day,. Enclosed or retrofit, what ballasts (program or instant start).... You get the idea.

But yeah, you have the range about right. You are not going to get more than 12-15 months out of them ( maybe an extreme of 18 months if in a properly cooled fixture running just a couple hours a day). In bad conditions you can have to replace them in 6-9 months.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I have 2 80 watt T-5's on both sides of my LED fixtures (total of 4). They are the LET retro-fit kit in an open fish room. I changed the tubes in March of 2017 and was not sure if I should change them now or at 12 months. See the pic below for a better idea of the layout. I probably run the actinics 9 hours a day and the full spectrum bulbs around 7 hours.
thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (59.6 KB, 38 views)

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote