View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2018, 09:14 AM   #6622
jayball
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftanker3295 View Post
I'm going with an ATI sunpower on my new 5x2x2, is it worth it to get the 60" fixture or is the 48 all that is needed? It will be SPS dominant so I want a lot of light. Will be going 8 bulb either way and possibly supplementing with kessils or reefbrites. Also any bulb combos for good color and growth with a 14k look would be appreciated, thinking of going with 4x B+, 2x C+, 1 Fiji purple, and 1 actinic, not completely sure I understand the bulb placement though.
Keep the purple near the front to better highlight the whole tank, 3rd or 4th slot. If you use only one Actinic I would put it in slot 2 but I would put one in 2 and 7 personally (replacing a blue) especially with LED supplementation. For the coral and blue play around to make it how you want, the placement will change how you perceive the tank's overall color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post
Personally I would go 60" with Sps because you want to light all sides of the coral unless you do not plan on going to the edges. Really depends on Aquascaping and coral placement.
IF you want high light SPS wall to wall I would agree. Also depends on how much light spill you are willing to tolerate and if you can compromise with just keeping softies, LPS, and "easy" SPS like plating montipora on the side.

jayball is offline   Reply With Quote