View Single Post
Unread 11/28/2015, 01:44 PM   #36
OrionN
Moved on

Why did this second transplant works while the first time it did not? Thinking about it, I have several thought:
Unlikely but some people may said that the zooxanthellae just comeback regardless of what I do. Now that I got this out, I cannot outright reject this but the timing of recovery make this unlikely.

There are several things I did the that may cause the first procedure from working:
I took too long and worry to much about documented it and the result of this is that the donor tentacles got dry out a bit. In addition to this, I thaw out the salmon with RO water. It is still wet then I tried to insert the donor tentacles into it. The combination of increase salinity from drying out and then decrease salinity from RO water may have do in the Zooxanthellae so that none was alive when the bleached anemone ingest them.

So word of advice's: don't let the donor tissue dry out even if a little bit and make sure you thaw the food with tank water instead of RO

Over all I am happy with the recovery of my anemone. Now that he is about to become un-Bleached, I think he will be just fine.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote