View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 06:18 PM   #2746
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawman View Post
Matt it's been a while since I've stopped on but your tank still looks damn sexy. The pink matrix and robinhood are stunners for sure good work buddy!
Hey Tim! Glad you stopped by. Thanks. Trying to keep up the sexy!! Got a few new shots to post- few pink matrixy shots..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburns24 View Post
You can get them here at a reasonable price

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from...ments&_sacat=0
Thanks.. I think I’m going to stick with what I’ve been doing for the past year.. I’m always tempted to try something new but I’m fairly happy with my current regimen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
hey Matt do you still have the siporax online or did you take it off before your cheato started growing insane?

Also I have been thinking about dosing a little bit of iron to help the cheato grow thicker and better.
Hey Cody, sorry for the late response. Was a crazy month at home.. I still have a ton of siporax and Seachem’s matrix in the system.. I never saw it do a single little thing for reducing n in my system. Cheato grows insane with it in the system.
I’m not sure iron alone will make your cheato grow. I have found in the past that yes iron is the first limiting element to go in a system with cheato but when I dosed iron, it didn’t help for more than a few weeks before cheato shut down again. I think things like potassium, zinc, manganese, iodine- not to mention n and p are all needed. I’ve had the best long term success keeping my cheato happy using Prodibio Bioptim.. it seems to do the trick for me. You can check out what’s in it on their website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosmos View Post
Hello.

Few time ago you commented nitrate values around 0.1 and you want to have less than 1 .... what system do you use to measure nitrates? Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hi Carlos, I think you have mixed up n with p. I don’t usually want my n to go below 4-8 ppm. P, in the other hand, I have struggled to get it below .1 and have always wanted to get it down to closer to .03 but all the natural methods I have tried haven’t really gotten me there..
The only thing I have been doing for the past 6 months or so is use cheato to reduce nutrients.. aside from a protein skimmer, filter socks and periodic waterchanges.
As for measuring, I have a salifert and a Red Sea test kit. Salifert is better for higher numbers- above 5 ppm. Red Sea is better for below 5ppm.

Ok Tim here are a few new shots of the pink matrix..

Here’s a little closer

And a cropped and re sharpened shot..

If you have a close look at the first shot, you’ll notice a recently dead spot.. I have no clue how that happened but the dead app hasn’t changed in a couple days.. not sure if I’ll wake up to a totally rtned coral or if it’ll heal over..
Last weekend I did a red slime remover treatment and I had a few corals completely rtn over night.. generally though, the corals are fine.
I have a bunch more shots I took last weekend.. I’ll get to them shortly

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote