View Single Post
Unread 03/01/2014, 11:33 AM   #115
glaukos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
glaukos,

Sorry so late to the party (your thread), I wanted to say mad props to your dedication and amazing hard work it shows!!

If you would could you please explain a little bit about your venture with sps with BB in the past with basically running just a skimmer? I see you are now running thicker substrate and also a reactor (biopellets) correct? Would love to hear your thoughts since you have shown some great success and wondering if you have found some new success in which you would not do something again from your past.

Best,
Brad
Better late than never brad.Really happy you come along
Thank you for your good words,you are too kind and i appreciate them very much

In my humble opinion and experience with the previous setup,the first thing that made my life easy and working the tank basically,with a skimmer and bi-weekly WC's,was that i had only one big fish(tang) and a small(mandarine).
So the water wasn't beeing so "polluted" with food and poo,compared to my previous crowded tanks.
I think if it was more stocked with fishies it wouldn't work.At least for me.

Thank you vey much for thinking of it as a success,but this is nothing compared to the skills and tanks,that other friends on RC have.
Thank you again, though!

I did put CC which holds more "dirt"(everything that this term includes) so it can feed my pellets.I still have only two fish and the food that goes in the tank is still not enough.That's why i chose CC.

The only thing from the past i personally wouldn't do again is having-working a complicated tank with lots of parameters to think-take care.
I prefer to have it grounded in 1-2 basic things(equipment-methods etc).
At the moment it's based on bio-pellets(if they eventually work for me) and a good skimmer.

Thanks again for your kind words brad