View Single Post
Unread 04/21/2003, 09:44 AM   #20
SawCJack00
Professional Mind Reader

Hi Eric, I just made up a batch of "Borneman's mush" this weekend and thought I'd ask a question as well as present a tip if you think what I'm doing will not harm the fish or corals (I'm fairly certain that it doesn't because I've been doing it for almost 2 years now ). What I do is to mix my mush then pour it (or scrape it) into ice cube trays. I then feeze it and put the food cubes into ziplock bags for use. One thing that I noticed with my first batch was the "distinctive" smell that it left on my hands after feeding. In my second batch I decided to add cloves of fresh garlic as a preventative measure for ich (I figured it couldn't hurt). I found that by doing this, the fishy oder left on my hands was now garlicy instead. To me being Italian and all, this is much more palatable, because even though I was vigorously before and after feeding, that "distinctive" smell didn't always come all the way off. Now if there is any remaining oder, at least, I like the oder! My question is do you see any harm in adding fresh garlic to the mush? I hope not as I just made up about 2 gallons of the stuff

My build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2670607

Don't forget your towel!

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
SawCJack00 is offline   Reply With Quote