View Single Post
Unread 06/09/2018, 02:51 AM   #475
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by water is wet View Post
Ron, did you end up going? I rescheduled for October.
No, the predicted weather was not at all favorable to snorkeling (rain and high wind). October should give you a good chance at good weather and warm water. We still need to reschedule our Dry Tortugas trip that we had to cancel last fall due to Hurricane Irma. We intend to camp out there for 1 or 2 nights so we can snorkel a lot, have lots of time to see Fort Jefferson and maybe get a clear night to get a good view of the Milky Way (Key West lights are 70 miles to the east).

We are going to the Middle Keys next weekend with about 12 to 15 members from our local aquarium club. We do this as a club 'field trip' almost every year. We do some collecting at 'off the beach' sites and also make a trip out to the big reef on a charter. This year I think we'll have several members with small boats so we can try doing some snorkeling at islands that are off shore and have more pristine conditions.