View Single Post
Unread 04/15/2009, 01:22 PM   #6
scribble
Registered Member

The reason I don’t want to do much nutrient reduction is just because I’m assuming that the reason my acros have had such light colors and limited growth is that the nutrients are too low. I’ve tried some other supplements (amino acids, trace, etc..) and nothing has really helped so far. I’ve tried a lot of different things and nothing has helped much. The UltraMin-S has helped and I’m trying to figure out why. I have another aquarium in my living room that’s been running for about 6 years and is doing great, lots of acros, great growth and color. But in this newer system I set up in a spare room, the SPS just look like they are starving or something. The water parameters test out right where I want them, I do about 10% water changes every week or two, I have quite good lighting, etc… I’ve been assuming the problem is low nutrients, but I’m not sure. The only things that have seemed to help are not running my skimmer very much, adding more fish, backing off the lights, and now the UltraMin-S has made the biggest difference. Any ideas what may be going on?

You may be right about the metal ions helping as well. I’m going to order up some straight glucose and test it out, see if I get similar results.

scribble is offline   Reply With Quote