View Single Post
Unread 01/15/2014, 02:04 AM   #14
chema
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeracer619 View Post
I recommend using the peristaltic to pull through the reactor and not push as you might have seen me state in previous posts. These pumps can overwhelm the orings on most reactors if the output gets clogged. Pulling on the effluent is safer.
I agree with this. I had my new Korallin C 1502 reactor fed by a Williamson continuous duty pump (finding used Masterflex pumps in Europe is quite difficult and you would have to leave in pawn your whole aquarium to buy a new one). It had been working nicely for a couple of weeks, but yesterday night I found that the effluent flow was slower than usual. Checked the reactor to find that it was leaking from several points in the lid. Fortunately it is in the sump and I had no flood in my living room.

Also, I had managed to get set the reactor up with most of the effluent flow through the regular valve and just 4-5 drops by minute from the lid valve. I'll change it to get all the flow from the lid valve as suggested by tkeracer619. I have observed that if you close completely this valve, no matter how you regulate the CO2 input gas accumulates inside the reactor until stoping it from working.

Once I have all the changes made I'll post some pictures of my set up.

Last edited by chema; 01/15/2014 at 02:13 AM.
chema is offline   Reply With Quote