View Single Post
Unread 10/10/2017, 09:28 PM   #2710
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
If your stirrer is not under pressure, I would think any doser would pump through it. If it’s like my Deltec, it’s an open system so not under any pressure at all.
It is really tough to give an amount to start with kalkwasser. Really, the best way to start with kalk is to start off ridiculously slowly.
I’m not here how the hrs doser works. Is it a continuous doser or do you have to program dosing periods and amounts?
I would start with a four hour period of lowest ph- this should be the four hours leading up to your main lights coming on. Program the smallest amount of kalk you possibly can over that four hour period and see if it affects ph or alk/ca levels. Increase in tiny increments over a long period of time until you see an effect. Never push it with kalk.
It’s a tough thing to do when you are also running a ca reactor.
Speaking of which, do you have a separate crushed coral chamber that you can pump the ca reactor effluent through, before it goes back to the tank?
This might help absorb some extra co2.
It isn't pressurized. It just constantly slowly turns. My brs pump doses at a fixed rate of 1.1ml per minute. I'll be running it off my apex. That sounds like a good plan. I'll just start out and go slow. Maybe 10 minutes every hour for the lowest four hours? Do you think 40 ml of saturated kalkwasser will do anything to 360ish gallons?

I just refilled my gassing off chamber completely full of extra course arm. I'm thinking of using an old geo recirculating sulfur denitatrator as a gas off chamber to see if that would help.

Thanks for the insight.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote