View Single Post
Unread 02/08/2018, 05:07 AM   #5
Bpb
Registered Member

Also bear in mind, acropora success isn’t measured over the first night, or even the first month of keeping a specimen. And I’m not specifically talking about the orbit marine LEDs in particular, but simply success of the coral in general. Your own expectations will really be the driving force behind how well you perceive any piece of gear or maintenance habit to work. Do you expect your acros to simply stay alive? NOT bleach? Or do you expect measurable growth by the weeks? Or even days? I’d honestly say in this instance, not killing an acro is a poor measure of success. To me success would be a coral adding an actual measurable amount of tissue on a weekly basis. Take pictures of your coral once a month and if after 6 months you’ve added several branches and a few inches of growth overall, you’re in good shape. If it’s simply still alive. Or grown maybe 1/2 cm and sprouted another nub, id say some element in the overall formula that is your tank, is lacking. Possibly lights. Possibly something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote