View Single Post
Unread 11/06/2017, 07:11 AM   #863
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
Matt,

Things are out of my hands. I have no control over Water Parameters since I'm not doing anything specific.

If I wish P to not go lower (if trend continues):

1) I guess I can reduce water change frequency or amount
2) Start feeding corals more? (like the Reef Roids). Maybe feed fish more, but it's 4+ times a day now.
3) Slow down Algae Scrubber (Reduce Photo Period)?

Changing nothing right now.

Keeping an eye on things to see where things go.
Yes.. I’m not really saying you should do anything. At this time watching the movements is enough but it’s not totally out of your hands nor are you necessarily doing nothing.. photoperiod, as you mentioned will will affect nutrient uptake and that snail in the fuge will also have an effect.
Feeding fish more or less and reef roids will all play a roll in altering levels.
So.. data gathering time..

As for that chart in the salifert instructions.. I wouldn’t call .1 critical. That word indicates to me a need for strong or immediate measures..
.1 isn’t critical, it’s just time to start looking at nutrients and devising a plan to mitigate any more increase..

Anyways, Wally, you’ve got things under control.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote