View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2017, 04:55 AM   #3
Rover88
Registered Member

The coming plans that are left todo:

When I get in the gate valve and rest of my plumbing for the overflow, finish that up so I can do a whole system test with tap water in it for a few days, make sure its all kosher.

Drain the system out, and put in the sand and rocks. The sand is new, but the rocks are from the prior system. They have gone through a muriatic acid bath to make sure nothing bad was left around, and to make them thoroughly dead. I'm going to get myself some acrylic rod and hopefully borrow a drill so I can mock up some structures with the tank drained and get it looking how I'd like it dry before rodding things in place. Then I'll be filling it with RODI water (And it'll probably take a week+ given my little itty bitty aquaticlife buddy) and adding salt until its good to go. Once thats done give it all a few days to settle, add some live sand and a hunk of live rock out of my other tank, and wait and be patient for a few months!

Some more cabinetry work probably to find something to act as a door. Might be as simple as just hanging a towel over it for now.

Rover88 is offline   Reply With Quote