View Single Post
Unread 11/27/2015, 08:43 PM   #67
MrsReefK
Registered Member

Thanks guys! We came home to Michigan from our Thanksgiving in Iowa today to find this on our front porch, was delivered today. SAND! Poor UPS guy...

Picked up two frags on a Black Friday sale, reverse superman monti and a meteor shower also. Both are pretty neat, they seemed to do alright on the 7 hour drive. We had a foam cooler and heat pack with us so we were prepared.

We're in the works of planning our auto water change using the Apex and it's going to be pretty awesome! We have decided to change 30-40 gallons per week over 5 days, so changing 2 gallons at a time, two times a day, each time we feed. We will have the Apex setup to prep for feeding with an auto feeder, we will take advantage of this down time and dispose of two gallons of water into our QT tanks (2x 20L). The QT's overflow into each other, the overflow to the sink drain. Once feeding time is near the end, 2 gallons of fresh saltwater will go into the sump. When feelings over, all water levels are back where they were prior to feeding.

(The reason to change it over 5 days is so I can mix more fresh saltwater on the 2 days we're not auto water changing)

Good thing we started this thread.... I washed my phone in the washer today. My phone had over 11,000 pics on it... And of course I didn't back them up. Now we have this thread as not only a reference to hopefully help others, but our memories as well.

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote