View Single Post
Unread 12/02/2012, 02:22 AM   #16
Finsky
Registered Member

Howdy folks.

Gigantea is about 16 to 18" in size as of now.

At 11:59 pm Pacific Time, I just checked my front right and left upper corners temperature with my Checktemp Pocket Thermometer and I got a reading of 83.7 F. The halides went out at 7:30 pm (run them for 8 hours) and the 216 watts of actinics went out at 8:00 pm (run them for 9 hours).

As I have a Yellow Hawaiian Tang, a Gold Rim Tang, and a Regal Tang, I like to keep my temperature a bit on the high end to prevent ich. My bubble tips and gigantean seem to like this temperature as well.

Just added a three inch Humu Picasso Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus aculeatus) and a brown 4" Arothron Dog Face Puffer (Arothron nigropunctatus) from the Drs Foster and Smith one week ago. Mr. Picasso swims around the tank now along with Mr. Blue Throat Triggerfish (Xanthichthys auromarginatus) who made an entrance into the tank a month ago. Mr. Picasso swims with my four inch male Blue Throat Trigger and Mr. Dog has taken to swimming around the tank as well after one week.

The entrance of Mr. or Mrs.? Picasso and Mr. or Mrs.? Dog Face seems to have lessened the aggression between Mr. Pinkface and Mr. Banana. The only thing I would like to add is one or two Clarkii's to mate up with the lonenly Mrs. Clarkii. I did see a larger Clarkii at Petco although it is always a risk with the two Four Stripes which gave my Mr. Dog a one or two day nudging although not too much aggression and none observable now.

Anyways, I really like Mr. Dog and already have plans to move them into larger digs down the road as they grow. I am thinking of an Aqueon 72.5"L x 25.5"D x 25.7"H 180 gallon tank with Black Wooden Stand.

Before the larger tank I would like to add a sump and overflow box.

I have been thinking of adding an Eshopps Reef Sump - (RS-300, CD-32901)
RS-300 36" x 14" x 16" H 35 25" x 13" 225-300 gallons 7" rectangular (x2)
with an EShopps 1800 Overflow Box (PF-1800, CD-32889) which I can then move onto the larger tank.

Any thoughts on sumps for these fellows?

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years

Last edited by Finsky; 12/02/2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: grammer and spelling correction
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote