View Single Post
Unread 05/05/2017, 09:08 PM   #78
benbarfield
Registered Member

I was able to get some work done on the tank today. The picture below shows the installed soundboard on the tank frame. After installing the soundboard I painted it with RedGard to ensure waterproofing and to keep any fiber particles from flaking off.

The next two pictures show where I cut access points above the tank. The soundboard pieces I cut out I am keeping to place on the back of the cabinet doors to ensure it muffles as much sound and fan noise as possible. The soundboard has now been completely painted with RedGard.

The picture below shows the two pieces of plywood I cut and painted with RedGard. The smaller piece will be attached above the refugium area of the tank and will be the mounting piece to house all the electrical equipment. The larger piece of wood is going to be the base for the sump under the main display tank. I will put a few pieces of Trex wood underneath to get the plywood base off the floor and rubber liner.

Tomorrow is getting the tank on the stand day, plumbing, and test filling. Wish me luck…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote