View Single Post
Unread 05/21/2017, 06:58 PM   #80
benbarfield
Registered Member

unboxing stuff...

Today I started working on plumbing and unboxing all my parts for the tank. No picture, but the Reef Octopus Regal Internal 250 is all plumbed and in the sump tank, the Spectrapure 5 stage RODI 180 unit is installed in the utility room and dumping into the Brute trashcan, and the Neptune Apex System Gold and energy bar 8 was unboxed and set aside for the moment. The first photo shows the Aqua medic DC pump that I am setting up for water changes. The adapter fitting will allow me to connect my hosing from the pump within the RODI collection unit (Brute trashcan) and have it empty into the tank for water changes. The second photo shows my two water inlets connected to two more Aqua medic DC Runner 5.1 pumps within the sump that will act as the return to the main display tank. My final Aqua medic DC Runner 5.1 pump will be supplying the UV sterilizer and refugio tank when I get both of those up and running. Still looking for a refugio tank to fit. I am going to end up having to have an acrylic tank made because it's a strange size for a tank.

This shows the top of my new return line into the main display tank. I took a quick connect and adhered it to a PVC t-piece. This will allow me to change different sections the PVC piping if anything gets clogged or needs repair. All the tanks plumbing will be hard plumbed like this, which will allow me to fix or disconnected broken or malfunctioning sections of tubing. The hope is this will prevent me from having to re-plumb entire sections of plumbing. The last photo is an entire shot of the return water line that will feed the main display tank. Busy for the next week or two so hopefully the next update will show plumbing done and cabinets being installed. Cheers…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote