View Single Post
Unread 06/04/2012, 09:28 AM   #16
jrpark22000
Registered Member

Here is the research for the LEDs I’m adding to the tank. It goes into which drivers and why as well as the spectrum of the LEDs as compared to photosynthesis. The end result is less than optimal but due to time constraints I won’t be doing a DIY driver build. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...8#post20325778

I have all the LEDs, heat sinks, and most of the misc hardware. I’ll be ordering up the drivers asap and start my wiring once they come in. I hope to have it completed in a month but that may be a bit ambitious.

***one note on the new ATO and QT stand. As compared to my previous setup, the higher elevation of the ATO container created a siphon and dumped 6-7 gallons of RO into the sump. YIPPIE!!!! It was an easy fix, but I didn’t anticipate the siphon.***

Another improvement has been the under-stand overflow tank. It’s about 10-11 gallons and made of 3/8 acrylic. I then added a drain tube to the sump. ½” before the sump would overflow the water will be sent to the under-stand tank. I’ve added a rio pump to transfer the water back to the sump and put it on the apex for remote control. The ATO siphon incident showed me that if a power outage would have happened during such a high sump level I would have had a mess.

Pics will come in time.

jrpark22000 is offline   Reply With Quote