View Single Post
Unread 05/26/2016, 07:41 PM   #4608
harley3ky
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
Minh answered that already - regal angels (like most other angels) need deep intricate aquascapes more than a long raceway. What counts is rock surface.

$65 is a fair price for an eating Pacific regal, especially at that size. If you should take him or not depends on the frequency these kind of fish show up in your neighborhood. If they come frequently I would say wait for a smaller. If you see them rarely I would consider taking him.

A store here has frequently regal angels from the Philippines (Pacific sub-species) and Sumatra (Indian Ocean sub-species). Right now they have a few nice Sumatra yellow belly regal from 4 to 6 inch for $100 to $150. All eating well for weeks now. Especially the largest one always looks at me as if he wants to say "take me home" - so far I could resist (I would need a bigger tank for him anyway) but it is an impressive fish and tempting (and I have already 6 regal angels!).
They are a small shop and haven't had many that I have seen. It is mainly because they haven't had many requests and so they have gotten overlooked. I mentioned this fish to them late last week and they got it this week. It was about half the price from what they normally see so they brought it in in case I wanted it. I guess if I wait, I may have to pay a little more but I would be able to get a smaller one like I wanted. Plus I would be able to add some more rock to make it better for him.

This is what it looks like now. Old pic but the rock work is the same.

Last edited by Dino; 03/30/2018 at 05:30 AM.
harley3ky is offline   Reply With Quote