View Single Post
Unread 05/12/2012, 02:32 PM   #35
hypnoj
Registered Member

1st Pic is of my purple LTA and my second favorite fish; Hog fish! This the main nem that my b&w's sleep in during the night. For some reason my spotcinctus won't go into it.

2nd Pic is of my newly added LED's. I have the large single reflector over this tank after my original LED's bleached all my corals. I've since learned a few things about LED's and decided to use them for again for supplementation only . My only problem was that there was no where to put them with a free hanging reflector.
The reflector had 2 sections in the inside that were made for the mounting of fans to cool the MH bulb. Each intenal section has it's own reflector that covers the fan. Well, I mounted 8 RB's and 2 CW's LED's to each internal reflector plate (total of 20 LED's). Since these aren't heatsinks, I mounted fans behind each plate that run full time. No LED's even point at the water and none have optics. They only reflect within the reflector and then go straight down. It's awesome, I'm very happy with the results. I can now run these from 7am to 11pm and run my MH bulb for 6 hours in the middle. I'm running a 175w 20k xm bulb. I'm not very happy with how dark it is (when running solo) compared to the 250w 14k Phoenix I had before. But with the LED's on all the time, it's near perfect! Hopefully the nems will continue to respond favorably. I'll keep you posted.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-05-10 17.45.58 (1).jpg (106.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-10 17.44.05.jpg (60.8 KB, 65 views)
hypnoj is offline   Reply With Quote