View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2013, 10:33 PM   #104
Pallobi
CTARS, BRS & OSRAS Member

About 4 weeks ago I started dosing peroxide at a rate of 1 mL per 10 gallons... I never altered the light cycle or did lights out... I turned up the flow around all areas of the system... At about 10 days in, it didn't seem to help much, maybe a little... I then upped the dose to 2 mL per 10 gallons, and with a little siphoning of the more affected areas of the tank, at about another 10 to 12 days, they seemed to be all gone... That was a week ago or so, and so far so good... I can't say they won't come back at this point, or that I have beaten them or for certain eliminated the source... But I do feel the peroxide had a hand in their reduction and apparant disappearance... At this point I'm feeling good about things and I was a bit of a skeptic concerning the peroxide... The hermits, snails and urchin didn't appear affected, however my corals haven't been happiest for a while now and I can't honestly say their the peroxide had a hand in it... The water turned crystal clear too, which was interesting as I also use carbon and it doesn't make it clear up quite as well as the dosing did... There were no fish in this system, so I can't comment on how they would have reacted... But if it helps anyone, it seems to have helped with the Dino's... So I'm happy, for now...