View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2011, 06:55 PM   #6
ken6217
Registered Member

I received my 6 bulb ATI Powermodule yesterday that is replacing the 4 bulb Powermodule.

I had asked before the thread was split how to do the acclimation now that I have two more bulbs. The opinion was to run the dusk/dawn my usual 12 hours a day, then start daylights out at 4 hours and work your way up to where you want that to be.

So originally the dawn/dusk bulbs consisted of two bulbs and the daylight consisted of two bulbs. Dawn/Dusk bulbs = 12 hours a day. Daylight = 11 hours a day.

With the new 6 bulb fixture, 2 bulbs are on one plug and 4 bulbs are on the other plug. It would therefore make sense to run the 4 bulbs all day 12 hours (since basically that was how I was running it) and the run the two additional new bulbs starting at say 4 hours a day and work my way up into more hours as I acclimate. Does this make sense?

The other question I have is what bulbs I should put on each plug. The bulbs that I have and the suggested configuration that I was advised is as follows.

Front
Aquablue- Plug 1
Blue Plus- Plug 2
Purple Plus- Plug 1
Blue Plus- Plug 2
Blue Plus- Plug 1
Aquablue- Plug 1

Based on this configuration, I also put next to each bulb what plug they end up on. So my question is, based on the above, does having two Aquablue, one Purple Plus, and one Blue Plus look to you as what I should have to run all day at this point while I'm slowly adding the other two bulbs as I acclimate, or should I change the configuration?

Thanks for reading the long winded question.
Ken

ken6217 is offline   Reply With Quote