View Single Post
Unread 10/10/2017, 03:03 AM   #1
NorwayEagle
Registered Member

AquaDriver Skim Clean on BK skimmer

Slief; I read this post:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...2578925&page=2

and would like to hear your or any other opinions about the following:

I may order a Aqua Driver skim clean unit as supplement to my BK 200 Deluxe skimmer.
I have today a Avast Swabbie unit which do a great job of cleaning the necks inside, but a buildup of gunk on the swabbie itself I imagine reduce the effect of skimmer, and leads to more frequent cleaning than I hoped to gain with the Avast investment.

In other words a clean neck is good, but dirty swabbie is bad.

So today without any swabbie mounted I must clean the skimmer cup at least each 5th day, with the swabbie I do it every second week, and it is much more inconvenient to handle.

On the Aquadriver can I expect the spray unit to keep the complete wiper unit clean without any build up of gunk? Meaning the inside of the neck with all parts of the Aquadriver remains clean?

Further concerning the wash down unit as you write in above post:

"Then there's the optional wash down ring shown below that you connect to a water source via the 1/4" John Guest fitting on the lid. Turn the washdown on as needed to clean the outer neck and rinse the collection cup."

I understand it is an option to connect the wash ring to a RO unit, this is not possible in my setup.
Must it be freshwater/RO or can it be fed from the sump with saltwater?
If freshwater is recommended, can I feed it by a separate pump from my Dreambox water tank, or is it able to suck water by itself as the main Aquadriver?

Current Tank Info: 165 gallon mixed reef tank with RoyalExclusiv 45 gallon ECO Dreambox sump, BubbleKing DoubleCone 200 internal skimmer and Philips CoralCare Gen2 ligthing, Tunze Stream 3 circulation and KH controlled with an Alkatronic KH Controller and Dosetronic
NorwayEagle is offline   Reply With Quote