View Single Post
Unread 09/29/2008, 06:51 PM   #63
ReefEnabler
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen685
Thanks Indy! That's a great idea on the fishing line. I was wondering how to get them out without tearing the skimmer completely down.

The rock I put in the tub is pretty nasty so I'm not worried about having enough organics. I've gotten the skimmer to pull some stuff out but so far the skimmate has been too wet. I adjusted the back pressure and brought the foam head down the bottom of the tower so that very little water is actually visable. This seems like it will work if I can just get enough surface tension to build the bubble column to the top.

I noticed what you mean by the skimmer being twitchy. Everytime I reach in the tub the bubbles collapse and it takes a few hours to get them back. I may end up getting some more bioballs from ETSS. Has anyone tried anything else besides the ones that came with the skimmer?
just an additional note, if you dont have enough flow in a rock curing bin type setup, alot of the organics will form into a film on the surface instead of dissolving into the water column. Make sure there is surface agitation so you skim the film instead of letting it build too much.

"that is enough skimmate to ruin lives." - GSMguy

Current Tank Info: 220g Display, 70g sump, 35g frag, 50g fuge, 2x250w MH, 1x400w MH, 2x80w T5, 2x140w VHO Actinic
ReefEnabler is offline   Reply With Quote