View Single Post
Unread 01/09/2017, 06:46 PM   #99
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy306 View Post
A bit of an early update. I received my pumps Saturday from Amazon. I had ordered three of the DCP-10000 pumps, Amazon sent me two of those and one of the DCP-6500 size for some reason. After dealing with them I am sending the 6500 back and they are sending me the 10000 replacement.

I did get to put one of the new pumps into use last night however. I hooked it up to two large cartridge filters. I thought I had read somewhere that the pump had 1.5" fittings, largest it comes with is 1.25" which is a terrible size as far as fittings go. I also had hoped I would be able to screw PVC right to the pump, no dice there either. But after a couple trips to Home Depot I was able to up size it from 1.25" up to 2" pretty easy.

Running the pump is dead silent. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I actually put my hand in front of the return to verify water was moving. That said I'm not sure it moves as much water as it claims. The 10000 should move a bit over 2600 GPH. Granted I'm splitting the output and pushing it through a couple of big filters, so I'm sure that slows it down a good deal, but it seems slower than it should be.

So there is an early review. Once the pumps are all up and running I'll give another update. So far I am impressed, the lack of noise really impressed me. The fact an air pump is louder than it says something in my mind.

This thread at post # 6 i made a 1 1/2 FLANGE For mine. using a 1-1/2 threaded to slip fitting. Cutting off the slip and made a screw on flange..

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...9#post24901779

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
ericarenee is offline   Reply With Quote