View Single Post
Unread 04/22/2012, 07:58 PM   #290
nineball
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwolson2 View Post
Wow, what an amazing tank! I have been working on reading this thread, but I am only on page 37(50pp) and had to skip to the end. I really liked the video, and i would really love to see a video tour of your fish room.

I haven't seen it yet but what controller are you using for your tank? Do you stream live video of your tank through the net? Are you on reeftronics?
Thanks!
Thank you for the effort to read this thread. Even I forget just how big it is. There will be much more on the fish room to come so stay tuned.

I am using a Profilex III Ex. If you have been following the thread from the beginning you know by now that the dominant culture in this thread is not to focus on negative criticism of products and services related to this build. You have asked about the one product that caused me the greatest challenge to holding back on that principle. I'm very tempted to speak out but for the sake of consistency in honour of this community I will not, except to say that I would NOT buy this product again., nor would I recommend it to anyone in the hobby.
All I will say on this subject is that this product and company that produced it, is the very opposite to a best practice. However I must also say that I do NOT have any suggestions on alternatives yet but when I do you will certainly hear about it on the thread.

I have been working on a solution for streaming to the web but I'm not there yet. The issue is quality and when I find the rich solution I will broadcast to the web.

Finally I am not on reeftronics. I'm afraid I wouldn't know the difference between Reeftronics and a BMW........I'll just have to check it out.

Peter

Current Tank Info: SW mixed reef 1350 gal in progress
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote