View Single Post
Unread 04/22/2012, 08:35 PM   #295
dwolson2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
Thank you for the effort to read this thread. Even I forget just how big it is. There will be much more on the fish room to come so stay tuned.

I am using a Profilex III Ex. If you have been following the thread from the beginning you know by now that the dominant culture in this thread is not to focus on negative criticism of products and services related to this build. You have asked about the one product that caused me the greatest challenge to holding back on that principle. I'm very tempted to speak out but for the sake of consistency in honour of this community I will not, except to say that I would NOT buy this product again., nor would I recommend it to anyone in the hobby.
All I will say on this subject is that this product and company that produced it, is the very opposite to a best practice. However I must also say that I do NOT have any suggestions on alternatives yet but when I do you will certainly hear about it on the thread.

I have been working on a solution for streaming to the web but I'm not there yet. The issue is quality and when I find the rich solution I will broadcast to the web.

Finally I am not on reeftronics. I'm afraid I wouldn't know the difference between Reeftronics and a BMW........I'll just have to check it out.

Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Peter, I was asked to set up a Profilex controller recently, all I will say is I could not agree with you more.

On another hand, I have used Neptune controllers for many years and am now using their Apex system. I give it my highest recommendation and their customer service is unbelievably good.
Reeftronics is a site that you can hook up your apex and reefkeeper to. It is a nice view of you tank over the day/week/month(parameters)(here is the link to my tank http://www.reeftronics.net/dwolson2/apex-status)

As for controllers, I have an APEX and like Elliott, I strongly recommend them. The expand-ability is huge with them.

dwolson2 is offline   Reply With Quote