Thread: torn between...
View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2012, 08:20 PM   #14
javimarino
Registered Member

Quote:
planedoc I have a tank that is 31 inches high. I hate it because I can not reach the bottom. 24 inch height is as far I will ever go again unless I win the lotto and build my dream tank. I'll be scuba diving in that one. As far as width goes as wide and as long as you can. Tangs like 8 foot length and the wider the better you can landscape.
I'm with you on the heigth, I like to reach the bottom of the tank, especially to clean the edges of the glass and fishes arent helichopter, so not a fan of tall tanks. And I hope to one day see your pic, scubadiving on your tank-

Quote:
I added a picture of my 120 gallon. front and side view 4' x 2' x 2'
Thats a nice tank, almost got me sold already!

Quote:
Personally when I had to make the decision I ended up with the 120 because it was cheaper and easier to transport.
Another good reason, I almost all the way sold on the 120...

Quote:
I had a 210 (6 foot + 2 foot depth is even better) that broke and replaced it with a 105 (48x24x21) so I got the depth and a little of my real estate in my house back.
Quote:
I had a 150 and hated it, (same footprint) but loved my 180.
210/180 sound awesome, but I have the tank on my office at work (no electricty cost and I use the ro/di drinking water of the office) I know I can get away with the 120/125. Theres no way I'll get away with a 210/180

javimarino is offline   Reply With Quote