View Single Post
Unread 11/02/2015, 11:13 PM   #2156
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcforester1 View Post
I was wondering if someone could help me out.I have had a successful reef tank for many years and just upgraded recently to a reefer 450. I sold all coral except a few pieces. I used all my old rock and added new sand.

TI Derek
Hey Derek, sorry you have to be in this thread.

If you look in this forum, Sonnus has a method of differentiating dinos and cyano that works really well. You basically take a big sample of the snot with a cup of water, shake the living heck out of it, strain it through a paper towel into a jar and wait. If it's dinos they will reform into a ball that floats in the middle of the jar. It is actually a bit alarming but biologically very cool.

If you're doing lights out RUN CARBON. I lost all my fish because I triggered a mass die-off of dinos during a blackout. (And the dinos came back to add insult to injury) Be prepared to get your fish out if something goes wrong.

hth
ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote