View Single Post
Unread 09/04/2003, 05:54 AM   #30
Tagamet
Registered Member

clown beasts update

Quote:
Originally posted by Tagamet
I just returned from a 9 hour drive from NC and was up until 5 a.m. working on the LATEST MESS. I returned to find that a seal on my clownfish system had broken and drained about 35 gallons of water on the floor. Thankfully it was the sump's seal, so the fish tank just drained down to the outlet of their tank and the clowns are ok (so far). Even though I was at it until the wee hours. I am no way near done working on restoring circulation. I'm taking a break to get my heart rate down (coronaries run in my family), so I thought I'd vent here with my "progress". I don't know whether to spit or cry or both. Boy, that sounded less than manly.
Jawsette did eat exactly 2 mysis shrimp before I left for NC, but none today that I could tell. The water quality is still ok, but I'll swap out 5 gallons with fresh today, just to be safe (er).
Tag
PS AND we lost the soccer game.
Well, The rug is almost dry and sleeping on the couch is getting a little better, but the really good news is that Jaws and Jawsette are both looking ok and now both are eating- even flake. This might still work out.
I'm putting out a book on my new method of water changes, but my publisher says that it won't be a big seller with the spousal population...

Tagamet.
PS Guess what! We go away for soccer AGAIN this weekend. Be still my heart. I can only guess what I'll come home to this time (g)
PPS Hotel beds are softer than couches.

Current Tank Info: reefs:240, 120 (short), 54 corner, 65 gallon (Seahorse/Bangaiis), 40 gallon (seahorse/pipefish) tanks. Assortment of smaller tanks. Nanochloropsis and Tet phyto systems, 18 rotifers.
Tagamet is offline   Reply With Quote