View Single Post
Unread 06/13/2011, 08:25 AM   #152
jnguyen4007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Many times when you dive your mask may come off. I had mine removed by fish a few times especially if you dive at night. If you spook a big fish their tail can take it off. If you dive on wrecks it could come off on many of the cables or fishing nets.
It could also get kicked off by your dive partner.
In a pool or lake it should not be a problem but if your maks does come off don't open your eyes wide.
I highly recommend that you practice taking your mask off and putting it back on, flooding and purging your mask when you dive. It's also a good idea to test your octo regularly as well to make sure that it is working. The last thing your buddy needs is for him or her to rely on your octo only to find out that it's not working. I usually go through this routine on the first leg of my dive as soon as I submerge to the bottom where I can stand on a sandy bottom.

Current Tank Info: I currently have 4 tanks running. One 55 gal, one 46 gal bowfront, one 35 gal flat back hexagonal, one 35 gal acrylic hexagonal, and a 10 gal quarantine/hospital tank
jnguyen4007 is offline   Reply With Quote