View Single Post
Unread 07/08/2015, 12:27 PM   #110
Blue spot
Registered Member

Update

Well I've now read the entire photography forum...... I've decided I am not cut out for photography and from now on will be expressing impressions of my tank through interpretive dance videos........ This may be easier.lol. But on with the update. I've had an aptasia outbreak, little sparkly ones ( not had these before but they grow like wild fire. I aptasia x'd them and will see how that goes. Still got that byropsis algae in the tank and still trying to buy a sea hare as suggested on this thread , in the mean time still pulling the stuff and I've got bubble algae . All from one piece of live rock !!!! If I ever set one up again I'm using purple up for my algae !
Sump wise I've ripped out my algae also , not sure what type it was , got it from Lfs, but it's gone crazy so I've swapped for a few different types of algae that are less aggressive And more attractive.
Coral wise everything is looking great, even my sps which I was worried about trying is looking good , getting lots of polyp extension and nice colour again still early days , but I'm enjoying learning all new things.
Fish wise again everything doing well after holiday gate. I now have a pair of blue throat trigger fish which are doing well also .
Bert blue spot is still alive and kicking, beryl blue spot was lost in holiday gate (not sure if I mentioned this). For now I am sticking with Bert and seeing how I do , had him 6 months now.
My experience with blue spots so far is that they do require attention. Can't speak for what happend to beryl as I wasn't here. But everything you read is true they are easily spooked by the other tankmates ( even non aggressive ones) I think feeding is key I always have to spot feed or put extra in to ensure the blue spot feeds well. And temperatures do need to be lowered , they are much more active when my tank is colder ( had a couple of temp spikes lately and the blue spot didn't even poke it's head out of the burrow) and you do need a mixture of substrates so that they can make their home , I had a semi corse substrate, but have now added several textured substrates until Bert appeared happy with his home.
Anyway a lot of waffle from me , I'll do a pic update next time.

Blue spot is offline   Reply With Quote