View Single Post
Unread 09/30/2017, 09:37 AM   #104
nightOwl
Premium Member

09/26/2017 - Backsplash Finished
The backsplash is finished and sealed and the frag tank is back in place. I also started working on the control panel for the frag tank. I thought I had some extra cords but could not find them. I ordered some new cords to connect the modules and they should arrive by next Wed. My goal it to do a leak test by then. I think it turned out pretty good for what I am going to be doing...LOL. I am still a little up in the air on the edge. I cut tile to put on the ends with my trusty tile cutter but I am not sure if I will add them or not. I have not decided if it looks like it is too much space on the edge or not. You can see in the second picture below.

Backsplash
IMG_9692 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Backsplash
IMG_9694 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Backsplash Up Close
IMG_9695 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

09/28/2017 - Frag Tank Updates - WIP

I am getting very close to being able to put water in the frag tank. While working on my frag rack for the frag tank I convinced myself I needed a mini lathe. I chose to make the legs for the frag rack from 1/2 CPVC. It seemed like a great idea at the time until I started making legs. I had to use my Dremel and do each one by hand. After three or four of them I had the feel of it and was able to do them pretty quickly. I removed about 1/4" of the material so that i could fit into the egg crate and support the frags. I like the way it turned out and may end up painting it but for now its done.

Plumbing has also been completed. The only thing left are small things like adding thread sealant on the loc-line nozzles and figuring out the height of the water in overflow section. I am trying to use BeanAnimal style so we will see how it works out. There is not as much height under the stand as I thought so there are two quick 90 degree turns which from my research could be a problem. We will see .

Legs
IMG_9699 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Frag Rack
IMG_9700 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr