View Single Post
Unread 10/15/2017, 08:41 PM   #112
nightOwl
Premium Member

Main Tank Plans

So with the main tank I have a few things I need to get finished before my rock cures. I am hoping that the two new pieces of rock will be adding will allow me to make another structure or make the structure a little higher or just give me some other options.

I invested in three Triton water tests after talking to the water company and not feeling like the water quality in my area will be resolved for a while. According to them there are a few factors that may be causing my issue. Ranging from water main breaks, flushing the system due to algae blooms or sediment bloom. They also mentioned because our neighborhood is fairly new it could be a plumbing issue. My plan is too send off one test when the tank is officially up and running then one every 2 months.

I also ordered some Epoxy Resin for my planned platform for my rock structure to sit on. From previous tanks rock that sits in the sand becomes a detritus playground. the platform will be made from egg crate and foam then covered in sand and epoxy.

Water Test
IMG_9726 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Planned Aquascape
IMG_9542 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr