View Single Post
Unread 07/10/2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Potsy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeferGil View Post
Great advice. I'm fairly new at this and currently have Dino in my tank as a result, I'm assuming, of my auto feeder being too generous while I was on vacation AND dosing Aquavitro Fuel minor trace elements. I've stopped the minor trace dosing and feed once every two days.

Anyhow, I'm really nervous about using HO2O in my tank. First of all, any brand of HO2O would work? Do I dose 1 HO2O:10 G SW all at once? My last question, is HO2O safe for all corals? Someone said it can kill my RBTA, your thoughts?
As was mentioned before, anemones and shrimp can be sensitive to it, but beyond that it's safe if used at correct dosages 1 ml/10 gallons. I've even tried 2ml/10 gallons and my livestock had no reaction. Your zoanthids and palythoa will close up for a few minutes but will be fine. If you have a dino strain that responds to it, don't expect immediate results.

A microscope is a very useful tool when it comes to fighting dinos. You can check each purchase for dinos before you put them in display or quarantine. My dinos were easily visible at 40x magnification.

A quick freshwater dip lasting a few seconds will kill dinos instantly.

Potsy is offline   Reply With Quote