View Single Post
Unread 12/24/2017, 10:35 PM   #12
marco j
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapreef View Post
Wow that is awesome, how much media in the canister? I ran though 250ml worth of media in 3 days with inside air. Fed from outside 250ml lasted less than a day. LOL I now ignore the PH probe as long as corals all look good.
I’m actually running two canisters. I’m not certain how much they hold but I have two of these https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-u...-scrubber.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_zoa View Post
I don’t use it anymore currently. When I did, it was on my air stone driven skimmer fed by an alita air pump I kept in the garage. I passed the air through carbon and sodalime canister I built. He media lasted me a long time before change was necessary. I still have basically a full bucket.

I definitely noticed a PH increase while using it. I used it on the tank with both inside air (had a HOB skimmer first) then on outside air through the above skimmer.

I hope it keeps working out for you. Sounds like your getting the results you were after. That’s awesome.
Stay dry.
Thanks.

I was getting a range from 7.8-8.3 which felt like a strong swing. This is with me running lights opposite the display on my 75g refugium. My pH also has its lowest points midday which makes no sense to me?!?!?

To me this entire experiment will be continued based on two things. The health of the corals and the media costs. If two canisters last a month or more I can see it becoming permanent.

marco j is offline   Reply With Quote