View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2018, 09:39 PM   #53
rc1626
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
If you don’t come up with a better solution, then here is a thought.

Remove your corals to a holding tank and dose the display tank with a standard dose of chloroquine phosphate. Just one dose will wipe out your entire snail population. I know because I treated a case of ich this way before. Snails went quick. It took a few weeks after before I could keep snails again. I deplore vermetid snails. Their webs and cones are unsightly. If I ever get a case of these, I won’t hesitate one bit to nuke them this way. The tank will recover in short order and the corals will make it in a holding tank for a few weeks.
Could you please let me know how much you dosed? I'm about to give this a shot and want to make sure I'm dosing enough. It is said that CP will break down in a DT with rock and sand. Did you have to do any additional doses? Did you run any carbon or do water changes when you were done? If so how soon after dosing? From what I've read the standard dose is about 40mg/gallon but could go as high as 80mg/gallon.

Sorry for so many questions. Just seems that you have the experience with some good results.

Thanks in advance.

rc1626 is offline   Reply With Quote