View Single Post
Unread 09/08/2003, 07:45 PM   #35
JHardman
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerReef
First of all, this thread is awesome. Thank you JHardman for the wonderful information.

Currently, I have an A. percula, approx. 1.5-2". I have had him/her/it for about 6 months. He originally came as a smaller half of a pair, but he is far from being sexually mature, so I would guess it is still an "it".

Anyways, according to LiveAquaria.com, what they have are black and white PERCULA I really would like one of these for a partner for my current clown, not necessarily for mating, but for friendship. Currently, there are no other fish in the tank.

I have also read in another thread that using either of your above techniques, there should be no problem mixing A. ocellaris and A. percula, if the good doctors are misinformed.(I emailed them regarding this, and they stated "We are informed by our vendor that they are Black and White Percula

BTW, there is currently no host and I do not plan to get one.

TIA,
Dave
Hi Dave

LA is wrong, and their breeder knows better. Those fish come from TCM in England and they know they are black A. ocellaris. The problem is most likely species name versus common name. Frankly most LFS wouldn’t know the difference between a species name and common name if it bit them in the ***.

Anyway at 2" your "it" is most likely a she now, especially if she came in as part of an existing bonded pair. You shouldn't have a problem pairing the black A. ocellaris with an A. percula.

JHardman is offline   Reply With Quote