View Single Post
Unread 09/17/2012, 01:36 AM   #77
dotcommer
Registered Member

bnumair,

I just read through the entire thread and had a few questions.

I am in the process of purchasing all the items for my 300 Gallon build. I am going to be setting up a QT tank, but after reading the thread I am thinking about setting up a hospital tank as well.

Petco is doing their $1 per gallon sale until Sept 22, so I picked up a 20 Gallon Long for $20 today. But after reading this thread, I am wondering if I should go pick up another 20 gallon long as well before the sale ends.

I have the space next to the 300 Gallon to set up the 20 Gallon tanks on top of two shelving units which will be sitting on each side of the the DT . (actually, would look pretty cool with the to small tanks on each side of the DT)

Should a hospital tank be ran year round just like the QT tank?

Once my 300 gallon is set up, I will be transferring my fish from my current tank. All the fish look great, fat and seem very healthy.

I have a purple tang that every now and then will get a few specs that look like salt (2 to 5 specs) but they are gone the next day. I have very fine white sand in tank, and think that it might be that, since he is solid purple it is very easy to see some of these specs compared to the other fish in the tank.

I really want to make sure that I don't transfer anything bad into my new build. What do you recommend?

dotcommer is offline   Reply With Quote