View Single Post
Unread 06/10/2017, 10:35 AM   #2385
Jonnywhoop
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Are you pushing or pulling through the reactor? If pulling, I would think it could be a leak in the reactor someplace. I would go through every fitting and reseal. Teflon tape isn't ideal so if the threaded fitting have teflon tape in them, I would suggest redoing the threaded fitting and use teflon paste. I use Oatey Great White with PTFE that I get from the plumbing supply places.

If you are pushing, I would check the fittings leading into the Masterflex and make sure they are pushed all the way into the John Guest Fittings. I would check the intake side of the recirculation pump as well for leaks. You might also want to relocate the intake line away from the skimmers output as microbubbles willl make their way into the reactor.

New media takes a bit of time to become completely soaked through with water and for the air to be purged out. As such, some of the air you are seeing could be remnants of what was left in the media. I would purge the air out of the reactor and see if it accumulates again. Most recommendations are to run the reactor without gas and without the recirculation pump running for 24 hours to allow trapped air in the media to escape.

Lastly, if your Co2 rate is greater than the effluent rate coming out of the reactor, you may experience gas accumulation inside the reactor.

I am currently pulling. Co2 is off and I'm running the masterflex at 700ml per hour for until tomorrow or so. All the fittings seem pretty tight including the guest fittings. I have a feeling it may be the probe area.

Also, my recirculating pump is very noisy. How can I disassemble the reactor and pull the pump without spilling water all over the place? I know it's subjective to the reactor itself but some quick tips would help me solve this blue line pump issue of noise and heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnywhoop is offline   Reply With Quote