View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2018, 11:47 AM   #6
lpsouth1978
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meverha1 View Post
...Now I've decided I'd like a nice carpet anemone species tank and the Biocube would be perfect...
Just FYI... A 29 biocube is a VERY small tank for a carpet (unless you are planning maxi mini's) ANY carpet will get very large and will outgrow that tank in short order. They are also very sensitive to ANY changes and will be difficult in a tank that size. Any small parameter change, like evap and top off, can lead to failure.

If you decide to go ahead with this, plan VERY carefully and get the equipment you will need to keep this tank perfectly stable.

As for the other questions, you can use chemipure/purigen anytime, that is up to you. I placed chaeto in my sump after I began to see Nitrates appear. When you add it a matter of choice, I don't think there would be a problem adding it right off the bat.

I would also use as much live rock from the DT as you can spare. You can always replace the rock you remove with dry rock, or a few pieces of live rock from the LFS, and not see any problems with a cycle. Same goes for taking some sand from the DT (another good way to help jump start a cycle). Just don't disturb too much of the sand bed in the DT.