Thread: 300 DD Build
View Single Post
Unread 01/19/2018, 09:49 AM   #62
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Probably... but honestly it's not good to raise the Mg too quickly anyway, just like with most of the other parameters. I recommend just buying the two-part from BRS. It will probably take about 2 gallons of solution dosed over a couple weeks to get you up to 1450 or so (personally I recommend having it above 1400). I just went through this very same thing! The change in the display was quite noticeable. Everything looks a lot better, the rock is cleaner, and the corals are a bit more colorful. It also allows the Ca levels in the tank to maintain at a higher level.

Agreed on the ATO... once I added mine it was a whole different ballgame. And the skimmer was more efficient as well.
I was planning on doing it over the next week or so, but either way im gonna have to go out and get probably 10 bottles of this stuff just to get the tank near 1400. I guess its what ill have to do, plus mag is pretty stable once you get it where you want. I use reef crystals, youd think the mag level would be a little higher.

Reefer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote