View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2008, 03:48 PM   #301
johns
Premium Member

I have had this one for a little over a year. And the original owner had it for 3 years before that.

Hard to get a good idea of the size, but it is a like a ball a good 10" in diameter when it is all blown up.

Anyway, I also have a snail graveyard underneath the body of the elegance. I've suspected for a long time that the elegance was killing them. But I couldnt be sure as the elegance is in a corner, and I thought it possible that shells were just collecting there. Now I see a lot of other people thinking the same thing.

I wonder if the elegance could really be eating the snails though. Hard to imagine that the tentacles are getting inside the shells and pulling them out. I'd suspect snails are just getting trapped underneath and just dying from some sort of toxins. But I dont really know.

I'm glad the sea cucumbers that like to stay underneath it arent dying too.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/component/zine/article/4

Current Tank Info: 190G Custom Starphire Peninsula, External Overflow, 30G Sump, 70G GrowOut, 2x400W MH + 4x54W T5 over peninsula, 1x250W DE HQI over GrowOut, Octo Pro 300 skimmer, Eheim 1262 return w/ Wavysea, 2xTunze Streams + 2 Nano Streams, Neptune ACIII controller
johns is offline   Reply With Quote