View Single Post
Unread 10/15/2015, 07:29 AM   #66
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Just to update, I've got 3 old DC12000 pumps running for more than 18 months now. Two are in sumps. One is a 400g system with a chiller in the backyard all run off one pump and the other is a 250g system. The third is run externally on a closed loop with an OceansMotions and a 6' head. They have all run issue free 24/7. The external pump has never leaked and still runs dead quiet and fairly cool... cooler than the giant Reeflo pump I had before that cost 2 times as much and made too much noise as well!

I just pulled the OM out of service as it needed new magnets in the drive unit so I looked into the external DC12000 pump as well. It looks almost new, inside and out.

And just so you know I'm not a big Jebao fanboy, I have used a number of Jebao wavemaker pumps and I have not cared for the failure rate. The only saving grace is I got them in a big group buy and they were dirt cheap. I'll probably switch to a gyre or two when the next Jebao WP40 fails.