View Single Post
Unread 12/30/2017, 12:19 PM   #14
LeJeune981
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNGsaltwater View Post
That would be my guess. They like just enough flow to make their tentacles sway UP from indirect water flow. Anything direct or that makes the tentacles sweep from side to side, in my experience, they hate. Best of luck.
That's how she had it in her original spot.. the slight gyre of the tank would flow from the wave makers. Meet on the top/center of the tank.. flow down to the sandbed.. then flow across the sand bed to the corner of the tank she was at.. and flow up words from there..

I've got a 90 rr DT.. with 2 jabeo pp4 pumps. So it's a relatively low flow tank (softie and lps tank)
Even with the pumps at full power the flow is pretty slow everywhere.. except near the powerheads..

She has been opening all the way up at night.. and opening mostly up during the day.. but still under the rocks.. but most of her tenticals are in the light.. so at least she is getting light to her.

Also.. I tried to feed her a krill last night.. tenticals aren't as sticky as they used to be.. and she didn't eat the krill.. normally the krill is gobbled up in a few seconds... she just held on to it for a minute.. then let it go..

Mouth has been closed ever since the night I posted this..

And she is still hosting her clown fish.

My Rbta is doing fine.. happy and hosting my male clown.. so I'm pretty sure it's not a water quality issue

Peramiters are stable and the same as I posted above..

Phosphates are down a little lower

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

LeJeune981 is offline   Reply With Quote