View Single Post
Unread 02/14/2015, 04:31 PM   #55
Blue spot
Registered Member

Valentine's

Well it's Valentine's day , and my fish are also loved up. My helfrinchi have been missing 2 for a number of days . I can see them in a rock but only come out occasionally . Today they were all out and showing signs of spawning.
On the blue spot front I think I have figured it out why the one was not eating. Every morning I have got up to find a new batch of eggs on the glass close to where both blue spots live. The way I would describe the eggs is a sort of fern leaf shap. In the same corner is a small damsel fish, who in hind sight has gotten a lot more moody/aggressive as of late. So I think the damsel was hastening the jawfish , spooking him of his food. Now that territories are re-a stablished everyone seams to be getting on better. Well that's my theory anyway. So if you're blue spot stops eating.... Look out for horny damsels !
Today I have also added to the love tank with a pink spot goby, and 13 red spot cardinals. I have always wanted some sort of schooling fish , and to be honest had never considered these. I am so happy with the result . They seam to have added a lot more life to the tank and emphasised the depth (which is sometimes lost with refraction) so far recomend these to everyone (but it is only the first day) I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Blue spot is offline   Reply With Quote