View Single Post
Unread 05/20/2010, 07:39 PM   #5
down and outman
Registered Member

Just got back from a Georgia Rural Water Conference at Jekyll Island. First time I've been able to check your responses.

Yes I thought about removing the resin cartridge and checking the TDS of the RO system, to see how much is removed.

I checked the ph and the nitrates again as I first checked them when I moved here in Jan. we use a lot of water, which gets the well moving. Nitrates are down to 5 ppm, good deal. ph is 6.8 - 7.0 range. Still low. We don't have much if any limestone in our soils around here. They use crushed granite for gravel, rip rap etc. Very nice rock they call gravel. Imagine that. I grew up in Illinois with very hard water and limestone everywhere. We have to add Caustic Soda to the Alum to add alkalinity for the coagulation reaction. So I have very soft water with little buffer in it, along with low Fe and Mn.

PerdueWaterGuy, you bring me back to my first water operator classes. Oxidizing "ous" to "ic" to enable the coagulant to remove the Fe and Mn.

So now I get to find a way to engineer a system to remove the CO2. Either another trash can (I have 2 set up already, RODI and Saltwater) with a bubbler and a pump, or a degassing chamber. Something small would be better. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me.

Thank you all for your responses.

Current Tank Info: 90Gal AGA, 25 g sump, Mag 7, Koralia 4's
down and outman is offline   Reply With Quote