View Single Post
Unread 05/05/2012, 05:02 PM   #9
James77
Registered Member

You can very easily prevent livestock loss from any pump failing. Im assuming this is a return pump, so while it may be a PITA, vital equipment like heaters can be placed in the display. Circulation can be made with a powerhead or two.

Receiving a damaged pump is in no way PAs fault, damage happens during shipping. If you demanded they ship overnight at their expense, that is not in any way fair to expect them to do that for something completely out of their control. If you asked for overnight shipping, paid by you, and they failed to do that....then something happened. Have you received any tracking info from them?

It is about the smartest thing in the world for anyone in this hobby to have back up equipment should something fail. I have old powerheads going back years, extra heaters, and an exact replacement return pump that I picked up used and cheap. If you have thousands of dollars in livestock, a couple hundred in backup equipment makes sense. I would drop the whole lawsuit threat, you could never win that since PA is in no wrong. Your livestock is not their responsibility. But threatening that will just cause them to ignore you as being irrational.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote