View Single Post
Unread 04/13/2018, 02:09 PM   #3
kizanne
Registered Member

I feed my seahorses frozen mysid but try to give them lots of food to hunt for fun and extra nutrition. I find they like grass shrimp (small ones) amphipods and all kinds of copepods. I supplement my tank with tisbe and tigger right now. But I have a baby brine (live) shrimp feeder for my mandarin and they'll eat a passing baby brine as well. You really can't go wrong. Tigger's are a little bigger and later I'll probably supplement apocyclops when I get them going.

Rayjay's right you don't have to. But I like giving them variety and something to do during the day. My female really seems to love hunting (which means sitting really still staring). Sometimes she doesn't even come to get her mysid cause she isn't hungry. My male is not as patient so he's more into the grass shrimp and occasional baby brine.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote