Great documentary
Thanks Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salali View Post
A great work no fish jumping after today
Indeed! One is more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqpol View Post
Your attention to detail is astounding. There is NO WAY I would ever go to that much work painting the non-visible tops of an in-wall tank, but I have to say the finished product looks so clean and professional you might just yet make me a believer.

Will you give as any hints as to the new fish you might be adding?
Ha! I debated myself to just slap it together but you know me... I couldn't live with myself if I had. I'll update everyone on the new arrivals, just want to get them home first. I'll give you a tiny hint though, there are 4 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvz View Post
Thanks for sharing this, Brett. Are there plastic frame alternatives to the aluminum that you are aware of? And are you confident than the aluminum painted will be fine (particularly inside portion where the spline lays which may have not gotten painted)?
I couldn't find plastic frames, but didn't spend much time looking. Most people use the pre-painted aluminum frames without issue though. I just took the extra time to hopefully ensure a little more longevity out of them by painting them myself. That way I could spray a little primer inside the ends of each piece and get as much paint into the channel as I could. If you are still worried after assembling the screens, you could always spray some Clear Krylon Fusion over the frames, channel, and spline. That way the whole assembly would be pretty much water proof and since it's clear, wouldn't effect the aesthetics of the clear mesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced98lx View Post
Looking very nice! I love the attention to detail on those.
Thanks eced98lx.

180g Marineland Starfire In-Wall 278 gallon system
drummereef is offline   Reply With Quote